Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] backup to a remote machine - how to approach?

2016-02-18 03:08:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] backup to a remote machine - how to approach?
From: Florian Splett <florian.splett AT web DOT de>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 09:06:27 +0100
Hello, everyone.

I am planning to store certain backups to an offsite system and I was
wondering, which of these solution you would recommend:

1. Install a storage deamon on the offsite system
     -> How safe is the connection and how do I set it up?

2. Connect to the offsite system via ssh or ftp and mount a folder on
the local system to send the backups.

Are there other solutions as well?

I just want two things, really:
- make sure that if the main location goes down for some reason, I still
have some important backup files on the offsite location.
- Use the safest way possible to send the data to the offsite location.

Regards,

Florian S.