Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Faster reading of Volumes from disk

2016-02-17 01:55:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Faster reading of Volumes from disk
From: Andrey Tataranovich <tataranovich AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 09:49:12 +0300
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:21:27 -0500
Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org> wrote:

> I can scp a 5GB Volume from one system to another in about 90 seconds.
>
> Why does that take the SD 8-10 minutes to do the same?
>
> The two systems are on the same 1Gb/s network.  We are copying from
> HDD local to SSD remote.
>
> I'm running a copy job, from disk on one SD to tape on another SD.
> Data spooling is enabled.
>
> The full job can be seen here
> https://gist.github.com/dlangille/210fd8a8c3418f9004f6
> <https://gist.github.com/dlangille/210fd8a8c3418f9004f6> :

I think the main speed limiter is this case is database. Copy job do not
operate with raw volumes but creates a new job and mark it as a copy.

Check job output:

 SD Files Written:       1,365,074
 SD Bytes Written:       333,216,925,325 (333.2 GB)

So copy job need to store information in database about 1,365,074 files.

--
WBR, Andrey Tataranovich