Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Spool Directory 7.4.0

2016-02-15 08:29:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Spool Directory 7.4.0
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Heitor Medrado de Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 08:27:22 -0500
On Feb 15, 2016, at 7:08 AM, Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br> wrote:

I find that spooling occurs in Working Directory not Spool Directory.
Hello Dan: if it's the same log from your other thread your Data Spooling isn't actually enabled (data spooling messages =! from attribute spooling ones).
Is anyone able to reproduce this based on the following incomplete example:

Storage {                             # definition of myself
  Name = File1
  SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/db/bacula"
  Pid Directory = "/var/run"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

Device {
  Name = FileChgr1-Dev1
  Media Type = File1
  Archive Device = /tmp
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 5

  Spool Directory = /usr/local/bacula
}
Did you restart bacula-sd? (it doest not harm to ask). =)

I did.
While the job is running, I see:
Make sure you have SpoolData=yes in your Job, JobDef or Schedule resource (bacula-dir.conf).

I did not see below.
# ls -l /usr/local/bacula /var/db/bacula
/usr/local/bacula:
total 0

/var/db/bacula:
total 16
-rw-r-----  1 bacula  bacula    0 Feb 14 17:35 File1.attr.BackupClient1.2016-02-14_17.35.48_06.5.spool
-rw-r-----  1 bacula  bacula  196 Feb 14 17:23 bacula-dir.9101.state
-rw-r-----  1 bacula  bacula    0 Feb 14 17:35 bacula-dir.BackupClient1.2016-02-14_17.35.48_06.63042264.mail
-rw-------  1 bacula  bacula  485 Feb 14 17:35 bacula-dir.conmsg
-rw-r-----  1 root    bacula  196 Feb 14 17:23 bacula-fd.9102.state
-rw-r-----  1 bacula  bacula  196 Feb 14 17:26 bacula-sd.9103.state

Clearly, the .spool file is in the Working Directory.  I'm working off http://www.bacula.org/7.4.x-manuals/en/main/Storage_Daemon_Configuratio.html

Now it looks like this:

# ls -lh /usr/local/bacula/*
/usr/local/bacula/spooling:
total 296489
-rw-r-----  1 bacula  bacula   1.3G Feb 15 13:24 tape01-sd.data.231188.slocum_jail_snapshots.2016-02-15_13.23.36_03.LTO_0.spool

/usr/local/bacula/working:
total 129
-rw-r-----  1 bacula  bacula   996B Feb 15 03:13 bacula-sd.9103.state
-rw-r-----  1 bacula  bacula   768K Feb 15 13:24 tape01-sd.attr.slocum_jail_snapshots.2016-02-15_13.23.36_03.6.spool
[root@tape01:~] #

It was as you said.  I copy/pasted another Copy job, which was local disk to local tape.  Thus, I had 'Spool Data = ""  The above
output shows spooling after I amended the job, issued a reload in bconsole, and ran the job.

Thank you.  I should have found this one.

--
Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon