Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] multiple concurrent tape jobs

2016-02-08 17:44:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] multiple concurrent tape jobs
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 17:42:17 -0500
Hello,

I am working with an LTO-4 tape library.  It has two drives but I plan to write to only one for backups.

I will backup to disk first, on another SD.  Later, I will copy the jobs to the tape library on this new SD
which is on another server.  The copy jobs will be spooled to local SSD before being written to tape.

Now what I'm thinking of is streaming multiple concurrent jobs to a single drive.

Sure, downside on restore is interleaving of blocks....

I don't see any downsides to going down this path.  I have yet to run any copy jobs to the new library,
but it may be ready this week.

Comments?

--
Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon