Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Error Director /usr/lib64/libbaccats-7.4.0.so: undefined symbol: mysql_init

2016-01-29 21:38:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Error Director /usr/lib64/libbaccats-7.4.0.so: undefined symbol: mysql_init
From: Phil Stracchino <phils AT caerllewys DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 21:16:05 -0500
On 01/29/16 19:41, Hector Javier Agudelo Corredor wrote:
> HI team
>

> I installed centos 6.7.
>
> I have installed bacula 7.4 with postgres  5.7.10 but when I set the
> mysql password in the file director.
[...]

> But when I test settings file manager with the command
>
> bacula-dir sudo -tc /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
>
> get the following error:
>
> bacula-dir: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libbaccats-7.4.0.so
> <http://libbaccats-7.4.0.so>: undefined symbol: mysql_init

Ummmmm......   What's wrong with this picture?

Did you mean you installed with *MySQL* 5.7.10?

Personally, if I were you, I would not be using MySQL 5.7 yet.  It seems
to still have some teething issues, some of them serious.  You might try
backing out to MySQL (or Percona Server) 5.6.28.

That said, as Michael suggested, it looks as though there is something
wrong (or simply odd) about either your configure options or your build
environment.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications