Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Install bacula 7.x on debian from repo?

2016-01-19 06:29:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Install bacula 7.x on debian from repo?
From: Silver Salonen <silver.salonen AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 13:27:10 +0200
On 29.12.2015 12:26, SPQR wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> is there any repository that allows the installation of bacula 7 on debian or
> do I have to install it "manually"?

Hi.

I guess several people have built packages for Debian, but doing that
for private use. I assume that because that's what our company has done.
We are not sure whether everything is done by guidelines of Debian
packaging etc (actually I'm pretty it has not). Therefore we haven't
also made those packages public.

Is there any initiative in making official packages for Debian again?

I wonder whether it would be an option to ask Bacula Systems to build
those packages next to Windows binaries, so all interested parties could
pay a little fee to download them (our company definitely would as it's
more optimal than having our own build engineer working on it).

--
Silver