Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] PKI Signatures working?

2015-09-23 04:36:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] PKI Signatures working?
From: Markus Falb <markus.falb AT fasel DOT at>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 10:30:56 +0200
Hello Bacula Users,

I am trying pki signatures without pki encryption off.
In my fd config I have

FileDaemon {
        Name = x-fd
        pki signatures = yes
        pki encryption = no
        pki keypair = /etc/pki/tls/private/x-fd.pem # with CN=x-fd
}

I have a second machine y-fd with equivalent config.

I make a Backup of x-fd.

I do a restore of this backup but I change the restore host to y-fd, and
it works, and that surprises me because y-fd should not be able to
verify the signature made with the private key from x-fd, it does not
know the public key of x-fd, right?

I wonder how this is supposed to work.
+
I don't even know if a signature was made in the first place and how to
verify that.

--
Kind Regards, Markus Falb