Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] macbook pro as a client

2015-09-14 17:45:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] macbook pro as a client
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Thing <thing.thing AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 17:38:38 -0400
On Sep 14, 2015, at 5:26 PM, Thing <thing.thing AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

On 15 September 2015 at 08:57, Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org> wrote:

On Sep 11, 2015, at 4:57 AM, Thing <thing.thing AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

I have installed bacula server on Ubuntu and I am backing up a debian client.   I am currently trying to backup a macbook pro.  I have the client installed and running and the director can see the macbook but I cant do a backup.

stumped....

Cant see anything in messages to indicate why.

ideas where to go next pls

'cant do a backup' is not very specific.  Please start by copy & pasting what happens when you try a back.

Ensure FIRST that you can do a 'status client' on that client.

It isnt very specific as I cant seem to find much of an error output, I dont know much about Mac's.

in bconsole status client is fine for the macbook from what I can see.

Good.

Does the fact I have a macport of Bacula 7.x client installed matter with Bacula 5.2.x as the server side?

The general rule is for version: FD <= DIR = SD

You must either install 5.x.2 on the client or upgrade the server to 7.x

Others might be able to advise if they've ever gotten this combination to work.

Looks like the sd might be waiting for the fd which is "sleeping" if top on the mac is any indication.

This is the second time in recent days I've seen that _expression_ used in conjunction with FD, Mac, and top. Perhaps you were on IRC.

—
Dan Langille