Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Adding encryption support to an existing bacula installation?

2015-08-14 04:44:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] Adding encryption support to an existing bacula installation?
From: Florian Splett <florian.splett AT web DOT de>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 10:39:40 +0200
Hello.

I have a working installation of bacula that takes care of the backups
in a small network.
When I first started with bacula and learned how to set it up, I had a
lot of trouble with including openssl, so I decided to build bacula
without it.

Now we want to prepare for storing backups off-site, meaning encryption
becomes highly important.

Here a short overview of the situation:
Ubuntu Server with Director, SD, catalog on postgresql and FD
3 Windows machines with FD
1 Synology NAS as SD target (accessed via mount)

new: 1 Synology NAS off-site planned as additional SD target (maybe for
a second SD, not sure yet.)

How can I add encryption support to my existing bacula installation?
Is a rebuild needed? If yes, does it have an impact on the existing
configurations?

Regards,

Florian S.