Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Deadlock error

2015-08-10 14:42:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Deadlock error
From: Craig Shiroma <shiroma.craig.2 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 08:38:17 -1000
Hi Josip,

Thank you for the advice and for looking that up in the mysql docs.  That was pretty much the error I was getting.

See my reply to Ana.

Again, thank you for the help.  I really appreciate it.

-craig

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 9:26 PM, Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net> wrote:
On Thursday 2015-08-06 09:44:06 Craig Shiroma wrote:
> Hi Kern,
>
> Thank you for the info!  We're using MySQL 5.6 Percona Server, Release
> 68.0, Revision 656.
>
> Would this setting cause the problem?
> innodb_lock_wait_timeout = 100
>
> Is it too high or too low or has no bearing on the problem?

Hi!

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/innodb-parameters.html#sysvar_innodb_lock_wait_timeout

Documentation says:

-----BEGIN-----
 The timeout in seconds an InnoDB transaction may wait for a row lock
before giving up. The default value is 50 seconds. A transaction that
tries to access a row that is locked by another InnoDB transaction will
hang for at most this many seconds before issuing the following error:

ERROR 1205 (HY000): Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
When a lock wait timeout occurs, the current statement is not executed.
The current transaction is not rolled back.

So I wouldn't say that decreasing this value would change anything in
your case.

--
Josip Deanovic