Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Deadlock error

2015-08-07 16:22:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Deadlock error
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 09:45:47 +0200
On Thursday 2015-08-06 09:44:06 Craig Shiroma wrote:
> Hi Kern,
>
> Thank you for the info!  We're using MySQL 5.6 Percona Server, Release
> 68.0, Revision 656.
>
> Would this setting cause the problem?
> innodb_lock_wait_timeout = 100
>
> Is it too high or too low or has no bearing on the problem?
>
> Thanks again,
> -craig

One more thing...

MySQL is using MyISAM storage engine by default while MySQL Percona
is using InnoDB by default.

Maybe this could be the source of the problem you are experiencing.
Unless you have a better idea I would suggest to try it with MyISAM
storage engine. I know few applications that just can't work very well
with InnoDB and I don't know if bacula has been thoroughly tested with
InnoDB MySQL support.

I am using bacula with both MyISAM and InnoDB with the Accurate option
enabled but my jobs are usually not executing simultaneously because I
can afford it due to the small number of jobs per bacula installation
(less than 100 jobs and they are relatively small and quick).

Optimized database and database engine could increase the database
performance considerably but in your case it wouldn't solve the
problem unless something is really really bad on the database side.

--
Josip Deanovic