Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Copy tape job for offsite - best practices

2015-07-31 10:48:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Copy tape job for offsite - best practices
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 16:46:36 +0200
On Friday 2015-07-31 10:31:01 Bill Arlofski wrote:
> On 07/30/2015 07:01 PM, Josip Deanovic wrote:
> > I have played with the  "SelectionType = PoolUncopiedJobs" option some
> > time ago and have found it problematic because the first time you use
> > it it will copy every job existing in the database which is not yet
> > copied.
> Hi Josip,
>
> The way it should work per the documentation is that only un-copied jobs
> in the specified _pool_ will be copied, not all un-copied jobs in the
> catalog _database_.
>
> Perhaps when you tried that option you made the same mistake as I did
> when copy jobs were first introduced: On my first attempts, I
> mistakingly tried to use that directive on a pool which I had been
> using for years. Of course, there were many jobs in the pool, and of
> course the first attempts to use the simple "PoolUncopiedJobs"
> selection triggered thousands of copy jobs - much to my chagrin. :)

Hi,

Sorry, I wasn't careful enough when I chose to say: "every job existing
in the database".

What I wanted to say is that first time you are using it on a pool it
will copy every job related to that pool, existing in the database
which is not yet copied.

I wanted to match and copy only the latest full with its differential and
incremental jobs and the only way to do it was through the use of SQL
query.

--
Josip Deanovic