Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Prevent auto upgrade to Full? First weekday? Purge before?

2015-07-28 06:05:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Prevent auto upgrade to Full? First weekday? Purge before?
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 12:04:12 +0200
On 28.07.2015 10:30, jalil1408 wrote:
> 1- How to prevent an Incremental job from be upgraded automatically to Full
> backup if no previous Full backup was done? (Cancel the job instead upgrading
> it)

I don't think this is possible, because if there is no Full, there
cannot be an Incremental, which is relative to the last backup (i.e. a
Full).

> 2- Which is the First weekday regarding to the below clauses: Monday or
> Sunday?
>    <wday-keyword> = sun | mon | tue | wed | thu | fri | sat
>    w00 is not defined by the ISO specification. A week starts with Monday and
> ends with Sunday.

Please read the manual, the above is explained.

> 3- I have 3 Jobs (Job1-Job3) using the same Pool (Volume123) and scheduled on
> the same date on different hours, Job1 21:00, Job2 22:00, Job3 23:00;
> a- How to make only Job1 to prune and recycle only Volume123 before starting
> using it?
> I tried to use RunScript in Job1 but I'm confused how to use "purge" command?
> RunScript {
>   Console = "purge volume %v"
>   RunsWhen = Before
>   FailJobOnError = Yes
>   RunsOnClient = No
> }

However, the more you force Bacula to work the way you think it should
rather than letting it figure out what to do, the more you will have
problems when you want to restore files.  Reading the "Tutorial" chapter
would probably help.

I'll let the list help you on this and the next one.

Best regards,
Kern