Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Max Wait Time setting

2015-07-08 14:41:32
Subject: [Bacula-users] Max Wait Time setting
From: Brendan Martin <brendan AT physics.tamu DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 10:27:28 -0500
I have a Bacula Director 5.2.6 running on Debian 8.1.

To avoid an excessive delay in the backup schedule in the event of
insufficient volumes, I added a Max Wait Time value of 600 (seconds) in
the JobDefs for a couple of clients.  Jobs for those clients
subsequently were cancelled immediately upon starting, even though the
documentation indicates that the countdown for this setting begins when
a job actually starts, rather than when it is scheduled.

This appears to be exactly the same issue described in bug report 1586,
which was never satisfactorily resolved.

Has anyone else encountered this and been able to get the setting to
work as documented?

Thanks,
Brendan