Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: Loading file listings from old tapes

2015-06-23 13:21:58
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Loading file listings from old tapes
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 13:19:52 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Loading file listings from old tapes
To: Michael Schwager <mschwager AT mochotrading DOT com>

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Michael Schwager
<mschwager AT mochotrading DOT com> wrote:
> Greetings Baculans,
> We are running Bacula on Centos 6.5, which means Bacula 5.0.0. Over the past
> 9 months I had been backing up files with File and Job Retention periods in
> the Client resource of bacula-dir.conf of 60 days. So our old file listings
> have been pruned, but I need them back. How do I do it?

bscan will pull the records back into the database. Make sure you
update your retention period first so it does not prune right after
the scan.

Also bls will give you a listing without putting the info back into
the database.

See the manual:
http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/utility/utility/Volume_Utility_Tools.html

John