Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Dell TL4000 labeling timeout

2015-06-19 16:52:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Dell TL4000 labeling timeout
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 16:47:45 -0400
On 06/19/2015 03:58 PM, Andrew Noonan wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
>      Yeah, I did that a few posts back.

heh, no idea how I missed that. I'll chalk it up to a very busy week!

> Unfortunately, there isn't a
> keen mapping that specifically connects the SCSI devices to the
> internal drive numbering that the changer uses, so commands against
> the changer (mtx) would use the drive number, but commands against the
> drive (mt) would use the devices.  Once Ana saw that my "drive 1" was
> showing ONLINE when a tape was loaded and not my drive 0, she
> connected the dots and had me swap the devices.

Glad to see it is working correctly now.

Ana has been very busy in here lately!  Thank you Ana! :)

> Rest assured that the
> actual device names I swapped are the /dev/tape/by-id names, as I
> agree with you that they're a much better way to handle things.

Yes, I think this is the only way to go when there are more than one SCSI tape
and/or changer. Actually, these days I use the by-id node even when there is
one drive. I think it is a good habit.

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski