Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Moved to new NFS storage

2015-06-11 09:02:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Moved to new NFS storage
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: Neil <nwilson123 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 09:57:32 -0300
Hi Neil,

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Neil <nwilson123 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
Hi Ana,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I've dropped the entire Bacula mysql database and re-created it and my Bacula seems to be working and it's free'd up about 10GB's of space now, however I do still have a very large /var/spool/bacula/bacula.sql (12GB) and log.sql (2GB) any ideas how I prune or re-create these?

​I'm quite sure these are backup files (dump of your database). If this is true, you can just delete it. Normally, when doing the Catalog backup, we run the make_catalog_backup (runbeforejob directive) and then delete_catalog_backup​ (runafterjob directive). This way we just keep the .sql dump in the backup volume file, not in filesystem.

Also as you have an almost empty catalog database, your .sql dump will not be so large. But it is a good idea to estimate how long it would increase and let free space in your filesystem for this.

Greatly appreciated.

​You're welcome​ :)

Best regards,
Ana