Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backing up to S3

2015-06-10 20:16:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backing up to S3
From: Jonathan Bayer <linuxgurugamer AT gmail DOT com>
To: Tim Dunphy <bluethundr AT gmail DOT com>, Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 20:11:17 -0400
This is very interesting, I'm very interested in learning more.

So, let me see if I understand this properly:

1.  You get an S3 account
2.  You install s3fs (from github)
3.  There is a config option in the s3fs to use a cache, and somehow you specify the EBS volume as the cache
4.  Bacula is then configured to back up to the s3fs

I'm sure there is more details, and am eager to learn about this.

I'm going to have a few weeks to learn about it while I recover from surgery next week (donating a kidney), so will be watching for your reply.

Thanks

Jonathan Bayer