Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Slow Attribute spooling

2015-06-09 12:44:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Slow Attribute spooling
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 12:39:23 -0400
Hi Denis,

Did you build Bacula from source, or is this a distribution's official package?

The reason I ask is that if you built it from source, and attribute despooling
is s-l-o-w, it may be possible (not probable) that batch insertion has been
disabled.

The configure script has this option (one of many of course):

--enable-batch-insert   enable the DB batch insert code [default=yes]

I said "not probable" because the default is "yes" and you would have had to
actively disabled it.

Just a thought, and something a future traveler might find useful so I figured
I would post this even though it may not solve your issue. :)

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski
http://www.revpol.com/bacula