Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Slow Attribute spooling

2015-06-09 09:50:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Slow Attribute spooling
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 09:49:46 -0400

On 6/9/2015 3:49 AM, Denis Witt wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 19:13:29 +0100
> Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk> wrote:
>
>> The problem with adding more concurrent jobs (up from one) is that
>> the increased seek load will badly affect despooling time.
> Well, at least at the moment this isn't a problem. If I understand
> correctly there will be no data spooling during attribute despooling.
> At least bacula keeps telling me no other job is running.
>
> So during the attribute despooling there is no concurrent disk access.
> And because there are only attributes from one job it should be a
> rather sequential read operation.
>
>> 0: Spooling areas _must_ be on seperate spindles to everythng else.
> [x] checked
>
> BTW: Data despooling is quite fast, only attribute despooling is
> extremely slow.

But data is despooling to the SD that is on dom0 of the same machine,
while attributes are despooling to the DB that is on another machine. Is
the dedicated MySQL machine on the same network segment as Dir and the
clients being backed up? Are you saturating the network? Is network
throughput OK between Dir domU and MySQL machine? You could put the DB
on the dom0 where the SD is as a test.