Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fixed: Re: concurrent jobs not working?

2015-06-04 15:37:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fixed: Re: concurrent jobs not working?
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 16:35:05 -0300
You're welcome Dimitri. Thanks for the feedback.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu> wrote:
On 06/02/2015 01:57 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:

> ... but it turns out I had it in Storage and Device blocks in
> bacula-sd.conf and in Director block in bacula-dir.conf. I was missing
> it from the Storage block in bacula-dir.conf.

And now I have 10 short "etc and crontabs" jobs completed in the 1st
minute and 2 large fileserver jobs happily spooling in parallel. The
entire batch should take about as long as the largest of those two (give
or take despooling), which is what I was aiming for.

So, pay attention when editing the configs and make sure you've enabled
concurrency in 4 places:
- Storage stanza in bacula-sd.conf
- Device stanza in bacula-sd.conf
- Storage stanza in bacula-dir.conf
- Director stanza in bacula-dir.conf

Specifically, "Storage" is in both config files.

Thank you Ana,
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin