Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs not working?

2015-06-01 14:23:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs not working?
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 15:18:48 -0300

On 2015-05-30 11:21, Ana Emília M. Arruda wrote:
> Hi Dimitri,
>
> I have this working here. With automatic labeling. When you submit the
> jobs, which messeges do you see for the jobs in the "status dir" command
> from bconsole? Usually the messeges there tell us something about why
> the jobs did not start concurrently and what for is the second job waiting.

Is there a way to log these? -- I don't sit there at the console when
the jobs start after hours.

​An admin job, runscript directive with a "console = status dir", scheduled to start a few minutes after your backups should tell you this.

> Just for checking: have you enabled the storage concurrency both on
> bacula-sd.conf and bacula-dir.conf?

Yes of course.

How do I turn up debug on both sd and director?

​On 7.0.5 version there is a setdebug command from bconsole:

*help setdebug
  Command       Description
  setdebug      Sets debug level

Arguments:
        level=<nn> trace=0/1 client=<client-name> | dir | storage=<storage-name> | all

When at a prompt, entering a period cancels the command.

Dimitri