Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Perl 5.20 upgrade breaks make_catalog_backup.pl?

2015-06-03 02:51:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Perl 5.20 upgrade breaks make_catalog_backup.pl?
From: Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 08:19:24 +0200
On 06/02/15 21:01, Doug Sampson wrote:
> Recently FreeBSD announced that its default Perl version is now 5.20 and
> urged all users to upgrade to that version. I did so. Now
> make_catalog_backup.pl doesn’t run. The first indication was as follows:

Hello.
I've had some troubles with 5.20, but I'm not sure they are the same you
are seeing. I even wrote about this on questions@...

In my case the problem was that:
_ older PERLs used to symlink /usr/local/bin/perl to /usr/bin/perl, but
5.20 does not;
_ make_catalog_backup.pl starts with "#!/usr/bin/env perl", which finds
/usr/local/bin/perl when run as root, but does not when run from Bacula,
since /usr/local/bin/ is not in path.

So I could either:
_ try and make Bacula see /usr/local/bin/ in path;
_ make the symlink myself;
_ modify the scripts to start with "#!/usr/local/bin/perl".

I choose the third option and, after that, everything is running fine.

 From your mail I think something actually runs on your system; are you
sure, however, the correct perl binary has been picked up?
Could you try modifying the scripts as above?

  bye
        av.