Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrading bacula from version 5 to version 7

2015-03-27 11:35:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Upgrading bacula from version 5 to version 7
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Waqar Khan <waqar.khan AT hornbill DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:33:25 +0100
Hi Waqar,

On 27 March 2015 at 15:08, Waqar Khan <waqar.khan AT hornbill DOT com> wrote:

5.0.0 is in the base repo but I can’t see 5.2.13 in there. What’s the best way to get to 5.2.13 first? Where can I get update_bacula_tables from + documentation :P

I'm the Bacula Fedora maintainer, and the packages go directly from Fedora to RHEL from time to time.
There are two repositories with backports for all supported CentOS/RHEL/Fedora distributions. One is for 5.2.13 and one is for 7.0.x:
Both will allow you to upgrade from CentOS/RHEL provided Bacula 5.0.0 packages, keeping the database selection. Please read the appropriate READMEs.

My suggestion is to add the repository now, before upgrading and upgrading the tables. This will make sure nothing else has changed.
Then, upgrade the distribution, and the packages will simply update themselves.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/