Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] STK SL-3000 experiences

2015-03-05 04:04:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] STK SL-3000 experiences
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Roberts, Ben" <ben.roberts AT gsacapital DOT com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 10:02:47 +0100
So far, any library or single tape device I've ever thrown at Bacula on RHEL/Fedora does work. As long as it's recognized by the system as a tape device/library it is supported by Bacula.

I've tested SCSI, USB, iSCSI, SAS units in various DAT/LTO combinations. USB devices have always been single tape only, without mechanical library.

On 5 March 2015 at 08:58, Roberts, Ben <ben.roberts AT gsacapital DOT com> wrote:
Hi Tony,

> Has anyone got any experience using bacula with the Storagetek SL-3000?
> Or the SL-150 for that matter (they should behave the same way for what
> I'm told)
>
> I'm looking for real-life experience here, not something like "if it can
> be managed with mtx, then it _should_ work.."

I used an SL-500 with Bacula under Solaris 10 for a couple of years during which time it worked absolutely fine (it's since been replaced with a smaller, higher-capacity Fujitsu unit).

Regards,
Ben Roberts

This email and any files transmitted with it contain confidential and proprietary information and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient please return the email to the sender and delete it from your computer and you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email or its contents. This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of GSA Capital. GSA Capital Partners LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is registered in England and Wales at Stratton House, 5 Stratton Street, London W1J 8LA, number OC309261. GSA Capital Services Limited is registered in England and Wales at the same address, number 5320529.

You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/