Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Weird recursive issue

2015-02-11 10:38:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Weird recursive issue
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 10:36:31 -0500
On 02/11/2015 09:58 AM, Dawei Wang wrote:
> All i have a bacula 7.0.5 installation on redhat 5. For linux client it's not
> backup directory recursively. I understand recurse is default on, but it does
> not work after even i set the option explicitly.
>
> Anyone seen this issue.
>

> I did try use estimate command in the console it indeed show it is not go down
> the directory recursively.

Hi Dawei

Take a look at the "onefs" directive for your fileset (page 144 in the
main.pdf file).   By default this is "on" which means that Bacula will not
traverse mount points.

If the directory that Bacula is not recursing is mounted on a separate file
system, and you want it included you will need to either set "onefs = no" in
the fileset (be careful with that), or explicitly add another line in the
include section of your fileset:

File = "/path/to/separate/directory"

Also, if this is the case, the job log will have a line(s) saying something
like: "...will not descend  into /path/to/separate/directory"

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC