Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Quick Bacula Question

2015-02-01 23:26:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] Quick Bacula Question
From: Nicholas Longo <divernick AT me DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 22:20:14 -0600
All - I’m new to Bacula (please keep reading).  I spent quite a bit of time
getting it installed after having tried the plugin with FreeNAS.  Ultimately I
did a clean install myself on FreeNAS because it seemed easier and I could
connect it to my existing MySQL server.  I have the system running now between
FreeNAS and my Linux Laptop.  I started though with the understanding that
there was windows support as well.  I have Linux, Windows and OS-X in my house
and was looking to leverage Bacula.  I installed the latest version 7.0x but
all I can find are executables for version 5.x and no clear option beyond that
for windows.

Am I just not seeing them or did windows support drop?  I see it still very
clearly referencing windows support in the version 7 documentation including
downloading binaries but I just can’t find the binaries.  I every researched
building them myself but the source doesn’t seem setup for that like on the
other platforms.

I did install the 5.x binaries but couldn’t get the client connection so i’m
assuming right now that it’s because of the version difference.  Perhaps i’m
wrong and i actually had another issue.

Thoughts?  Options?  Any help or insight is very much appreciated.

Although it takes a little to fully capture the structure, once done it’s easy
to comprehend and it’s a nice powerful product…kudos’ the authors.
Nicholas Longo
divernick AT me DOT com