Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Restore Issues

2015-01-20 16:01:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Restore Issues
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Richard Durivage <RDurivage AT abs4sharp DOT com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 17:58:44 -0300 (BRT)

I am experiencing an issue with Bacula when restoring files from a backup. I am able to restore folders but not files.  If I select a certain amount of files and folders to be restored and then initiate the job it completes and says the job was successful but only Folders get created. Files are not re-created.

I am trying to restore from Bacula to a Windows Server 2012.  Here is the output from the Bacula dashboard.

Mr. Richard: I have a costumer with exact the same symptoms. However as you can see in the log summary, the files are restored, indeed. However it's probably hidden for your Windows user.
The solution for this is recursively change access permissions for the restored files.
I don't know exactly what causes this odd behavior.

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria  - LPIC-III | ITIL-F
12 a 23 de janeiro de 2015 - Treinamento Telepresencial Bacula: http://www.bacula.com.br/?p=2174