Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Schedule: week days and month days?

2015-01-19 13:06:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Schedule: week days and month days?
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 13:03:12 -0500
On 01/19/2015 03:36 AM, Luc Van der Veken wrote:
> From: Bill Arlofski [mailto:waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com]
>> If I do:
>>
>> * status director days=30
>>
>> It shows me tonight's scheduled jobs, two jobs from tomorrow morning, all of
>> Saturday's scheduled jobs followed by all the jobs to be run on February 7th.
>
> That's probably correct. The documentation says it lists the FIRST occurrence
> of each job, not all of them.
>
> "If you have multiple run statements, the first occurrence of each run
> statement for the job will be displayed for the period specified."

Hi Luc!

I sometimes feel like I live in Bacula's main.pdf document, and there I could
only find several mentions of the "days=" option for the status schedule and
update stats commands.

Of course there is a console.pdf file too where the "status dir days=" is
explained. :)

Thanks!

> When I tried it, it listed the first occurrence for each level (inc, diff,
> full) for each job.

Yeah, I see that now. Personally I think that is a little confusing, probably
just because my expectations were different than the documented functionality,
but you are correct.

Ah!!  And when I was writing "status director days=30" in my previous email, I
was actually thinking of the new "status schedule" command.

>>From the docs regarding the "status schedule" command:

days=nn This specifies the number of days to list. The default is 10 but can
be set from 0 to 500.

which is what I should have been writing about.

The output of that new command is exactly what I was thinking of. :)

So, Florian...in my last posting, replace the line that reads:

* status director days=30

with

* status schedule days=30 schedule=nameOfSchedule

Keep in mind that the docs also say this about the new "status schedule"
command:

"Note, the output is listed by the Jobs found, and is not sorted

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks Luc for clarifying.

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC