Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula 7.0.x debian package

2014-10-29 13:20:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula 7.0.x debian package
From: Jordi Clariana <jordiclariana AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 18:17:52 +0100
Hi,

For anyone interested I created the "debian" dir for build the debian Bacula Package:

It works only for Wheezy and you have to install qt4 from backports (only needed for bacula-console-qt).

The instructions are very simple:

Put the debian directory inside de bacula source directory.
$ cp -a debian bacula-7.0.5

Create a bacula_7.0.5.orig.tar.gz from the source directory:
$ tar cvzf bacula_7.0.5.orig.tar.gz bacula-7.0.5

Enter directory and find the build dependencies:
$ cd bacula-7.0.5
$ dpkg-checkbuilddeps

Satisfy the dependencies installing the packages (apt-get, aptitude, etc.)
And finally build:
$ dpkg-buildpackage

For the qt packages, I recomend to pin the backports repository.
First add the backports repository pasting this:

deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main

into here: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/backports.list

Then create /etc/apt/preferences.d/qt.pref with this content:
Explanation: : qt for bacula
Package: libqt* qt* qdbus
Pin: origin http.debian.net
Pin-Priority: 500

Do not forget to apt-get update before installing

Regards,

Jordi Clariana