Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [7.0.5] Option to start spooling before volume mount?

2014-10-26 10:37:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [7.0.5] Option to start spooling before volume mount?
From: John Lockard <jlockard AT umich DOT edu>
To: Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer AT omnilan DOT de>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 10:34:01 -0400
I run into this issue with several of my servers and dealt with it by creating "migrate" jobs.  First job goes to disk.  Second job runs some reasonable time later and migrates the D2D job to tape.  I had a number of key servers I did this for with the advantage that I could offsite the tapes and keep the D2D job on disk till after the next backup had run.  This way I had immediate recovery available as well as disaster recovery.