Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Inconsistent backups of windows clients

2014-10-23 01:57:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Inconsistent backups of windows clients
From: Florian <florian.splett AT web DOT de>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 07:50:07 +0200
Hello.

It could be that I did not translate the error message 100% correctly.
I translated both freely from german as I thought an english version will be more helpful.

The actual german message is: "
Fatal error: FD hat keinen Jobstatus zurückgegeben".
I usually get this message when there are problems with reaching a client.

Current status: No problems for 2 days in a row.

Regards,

Florian S.

ubuntu-dir JobId XXX: Fatal error: bsock.c:118 Unable to connect to Client: <Client> on XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:9102. ERR=No route to target machine
ubuntu-dir JobId XXX: Fatal error: FD did not reaturn a Job status.

This is very bizarre, because the second line of the message above does not exist in any Bacula that I am aware of.
From the above error messages, I would say that your wakeup on WAN is not really working or you are not giving the machine enough time to come up and Bacula is timing it out.  Trying to backup sleeping Clients is probably an unreliable way of running backups -- or you must find some way to fully wake up the machine before having Bacula try to contact it.  Perhaps simply upping the FD Connect Timeout would solve your problem.

Best regards,
Kern