Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] can't run concurrent restores using multiple tape drives

2014-10-14 10:03:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] can't run concurrent restores using multiple tape drives
From: Darold Lucus <dlucus AT emacinc DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 08:57:27 -0500
Unless you Autochanger has two physical Drives for Tapes you will only be able to access one tape at a time.

Sincerely,

Darold Lucus

=====================
LAN Administrator

EMAC, Inc

618-529-4525 EXT:370

www.emacinc.com

=====================

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 2:27 PM, jaredk51 <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
I'm working with Amazon VTl (virtual Tape Library) and Bacula v 5.2.6  which functions well and can run concurrent jobs to multiple tape drives just fine.
I want to speed up restores for DR purposes and make use of the 10 virtual tape drives VTL gives you.
I am not sure if bacula supports restoring to multiple tape drives at the same time and haven't been able to find
 anything in the documentation as such.

I have created multiple restore jobs and ran them concurrently just fine but each restore job waits for the first tape drive to complete before running.  So running concurrent restores doesn't provide any net benefit as they can only run 1 at a time.
If anyone has any information regarding running restore jobs at the same time using multiple tape drives please let me know.  Thanks in advance.

My restore job configs look like this:

##
Job {
  Name = "RestoreFiles"