Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Dell autochanger not changing

2014-10-03 14:25:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Dell autochanger not changing
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Russ Button <russell AT telmate DOT com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 15:22:44 -0300
I tried running "label barcodes", but it errors out saying that the tapes are already labeled,  which is why I ran the "add pool=Default storage=ML6000-LTO3-0".   I assumed it would read the labels already on the tapes, but instead ran me through the dialog I posted earlier.

Hey Mr. Russ: this will not do the trick. The add command does not sync the real tape information with the catalog information.
You gotta use the bscan on the tapes (-s -m) to do that, instead. You probably will have to load tapes one by one, with the mtx command (bash).

I'm totally OK with going back to zero on this, whatever that is, but if the tapes are already labeled, "label barcodes" doesn't get it done.

You could also erase the tapes one by one, with the: mt -f /dev/st0 weof (e.g.) command.

Regards and good luck.
Heitor Medrado de Faria
+55 61 2021-8260
+55 61 8268-4220