Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] baclua suddenly stop using the whole tape

2014-10-02 02:10:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] baclua suddenly stop using the whole tape
From: Markus Rosjat <rosjat AT ghweb DOT de>
To: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 08:04:18 +0200

Am 30.09.2014 16:30, schrieb Heitor Faria:

I have a kinda general question because I can't really determine what
happend but for a while now one of my jobs is either not running at all
or if the job runs the tapes never get written to the full capacity.

This is usually normal, since tape drives have enabled hardware compression and the real capacity will depend in what kind of data is being backuped (e.g.: already compressed formats in your backup like zip, gz, iso, jpg etc. will make your tape hold less data).

I have a well defined file set with not much changes regarding the amount of files to save but this isnt really the problem here. Since it seems a bit unclear what I meant let me give you some more details.

I have a job that need at least 3 tapes to store all the data and it was always using the full space of the first 2 tapes befor he started writing on the last tape (as I would expect it) but for a while now the first and second tape just get written on till they are 70% or 80% full. And even this differs. So basically the job fails because I signals I need another tabpe that isnt in the changer.
Oh and I notice
the db dump was always 2gb and now its just 1,5gb is this usual (like
bacula is cleaning up old entries)

Please avoid mixing threads. It's likely that your prune / volume retention policy have pruned / purged some information from Bacula Catalog.

or could this be a cause of the problem ?

No.

this was just additional info so it may help to find a solution
regards

--
Markus Rosjat    fon: +49 351 8107223    mail: rosjat AT ghweb DOT de

G+H Webservice GbR Gorzolla, Herrmann
Königsbrücker Str. 70, 01099 Dresden

http://www.ghweb.de
fon: +49 351 8107220   fax: +49 351 8107227

Bitte prüfen Sie, ob diese Mail wirklich ausgedruckt werden muss! Before you print it, think about your responsibility and commitment to the ENVIRONMENT

Heitor Medrado de Faria | Need Bacula training? 10% discount coupon code at Udemy: bacula-users
+55 61 2021-8260
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: www.bacula.com.br
Facebook: heitor.faria