Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job restart/resume functionality in version 7

2014-10-01 08:21:58
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job restart/resume functionality in version 7
From: Eric Bollengier <eric.bollengier AT baculasystems DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 14:16:30 +0200
Hello,

On 10/01/14 13:34, Kearns, Chris wrote:

> The documentation
> (http://www.bacula.org/7.0.x-manuals/en/main/New_Features_in_7_0_0.html)
> describes a the restart command, and a new “resume” command, that “is
> used to rerun running a Job that had been canceled or had failed.”
>

> There is no resume or restart command available in the bconsole of
> version 7.0.4 or 7.0.5, nor are they in the ua_cmds.c modules. There is
> only on function related to this functionality in the code of ua_run.c ,
> restart_cmd, but this does not seem to get called by anything.
>

> Is this functionality really available or is the functionality still
> being developed?

You found a mistake in the documentation, this feature is present in the
Bacula Enterprise version, and is not yet back-ported to the community
edition. I updated the documentation to remove this reference.

Thanks,

Best Regards,
Eric

--
Need professional help and support for Bacula ?
Visit http://www.baculasystems.com