Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] suddenly not connecting to client

2014-08-27 12:02:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] suddenly not connecting to client
From: Gary Dale <garydale AT torfree DOT net>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 11:44:08 -0400
For some reason my Bacula server isn't connecting to a Windows 7 client.
I've been having some problems with the client computer but they seem to
be settled now except for this one. I've disabled the Windows firewall
to try to resolve the problem, but that didn't work.

I'm seeing this in the bconsole messages:
   Non-fatal FD errors:    2
   SD Errors:              0
   FD termination status:  Error
   SD termination status:  Waiting on FD
   Termination:

I also got this message at one point:

27-Aug 11:15 server-fd JobId 2793: Error:
/home/kern/bacula/k/bacula/src/lib/bsock.c:203 gethostbyname() for host
"<server name>.<domain name>l" failed: ERR=Authoritative answer for host
not found.

I can ping the server and the client by name from both ends. I've
verified that the password is still correct. When I activate the tray
monitor on the client, it shows the last several jobs. When I run
bconsole on the client, it connects OK and I can run the backup job, but
it again fails with the FD error (above).

Any ideas?