Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] pruning oldest volume when its impossible

2014-08-14 20:33:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] pruning oldest volume when its impossible
From: Jeff MacDonald <jeff AT terida DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 21:27:48 -0300
Hi,

I have a backup job that uses a Pool of 100 5 gig files. Job and File retention are set to 10 years. Vol retention set to 70 days.

100 files have been filled and the oldest file is 23 days old.

Right now bacula is attempting to prune the oldest volume. As I understand things.. this will not result in any thing actually being pruned from that volume and essentially my db is just going to spin and move onto the next volume until I add new ones for it to use. Am I correct?

And if so. I’m taking suggestions on how to handle this smarter. I guess I should add that I have AutoPrune On. I guess if that was off, then the job would instead wait until I increased the amount of volumes allowed in the pool instead of going into this foolish loop?

Jeff.