Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Question about purged volumes.

2014-08-11 04:07:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Question about purged volumes.
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 09:34:07 +0200
Hello,

I use backup to disk volumes only. It looks like the purging of volumes is
treated as if they were tape volumes. I see no reason to keep purged volumes
resident and pruned ones for that matter.

You can truncate a purged volumes (check a truncate command or purge volumes action="" depending on Bacula version you are using). It will reclaim space.

Why not simply remove them automatically?

Because all volumes are treated the same like all were tapes.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net