Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] New user with Bacula

2014-08-06 18:58:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] New user with Bacula
From: "K. M. Peterson" <kmp.lists+bacula-users AT gmail DOT com>
To: "dweimer AT dweimer DOT net" <dweimer AT dweimer DOT net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 18:55:17 -0400
So, jumping into this a bit late, but...

About six years ago, I had a NetApp that I needed to back up using Bacula. I spent about a week scripting a solution using the "hidden" shell on the device.

Solution used the NetApp 'dump' command piped out to Bacula using rsh (tried ssh, but the performance was horrible).  Restore was the reverse: pipe back to the NetApp, through 'load' along with the parameter indicating what to extract.

It worked well for a "roll your own" solution, but I don't know whether the later versions of their Filer OS still support the interface.

_KMP