Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Error when trying to configure bacula-gui-7.0.5

2014-08-05 08:23:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Error when trying to configure bacula-gui-7.0.5
From: Marcin Haba <ganiuszka AT gmail DOT com>
To: Machiel <machiel AT integrat.co DOT za>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 14:20:36 +0200
Hello,

It looks that your "DocumentRoot" option from VirtualHost does not indicate to directory with Baculum files.

The most probably is that you used subdirectory for storing Baculum files.

For example, if you are storing Baculum files in location:

/some/dir/bacula-gui/baculum

then according Apache configuration file part can look like below:

<VirtualHost *:80>
        DocumentRoot /some/dir/bacula-gui/baculum
        ServerName somehost.example.com
        <Directory /some/dir/bacula-gui/baculum>
                AllowOverride All
                AuthType Basic
                AuthName MyPrivateFile
                AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/some_password_file
                Require valid-user
        </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

In other words, Baculum files need to be located on top location of your web server document root. From this reason access to Baculum is by:

but NOT by:

I believe that this problem is easy to skip by modifing mod_rewrite rules.

Best regards.
Marcin

Hi Guys

     Thank you for the response on this matter.
     I have now followed the instructions for installing baculum as per the INSTALL file, however now I a getting the following when I go to the web interface:

The requested URL /wizard/ was not found on this server.

        I have done some web searches and everyone is noting that the authorisation needs to be configured and that mod_rewrite needs to be enabled.

        Both these have been done, however still getting that message.

        Any ideas on what might be wrong or how to fix this? I am by no means an apache or php expert.

Regards