Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] handling of mixed media types

2014-07-25 04:02:22
Subject: [Bacula-users] handling of mixed media types
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 09:57:00 +0200
Hello,

I have a tape library with both LTO-3 and LTO-4 tape drives.
The individual tape drives and all tapes have been assigned proper
media types, "LTO-3" or "LTO-4", respectively.

Which media type would I assign to the autoloader resource?  I
understand I can provide only one type, not a list of types?

How can I acchieve that LTO-3 tapes can be loaded in either LTO-3 or
LTO-4 drives, while a LTO-4 tape will only be loaded into LTO-4
drives, and never in a LTO-3 drive?

Any help welcome...

[Yes, I've searched the mailing list and the wiki and (to the extend
possible while the web site is non-functional) the manual, but with no
working solution yet.]

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
Things are not as simple as they seem at first.        - Edward Thorp