Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Delete files from failed jobs

2014-05-20 04:18:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Delete files from failed jobs
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 10:12:31 +0200
On Tuesday 2014-05-20 09:42:26 Jose J wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have bacula and i saw that the jobs that fail use the space of the
> failed job. Anyone knows how to delete the files of a failed job?
>
> I try with purge but didnt work for me because the retention has not
> been met.

Hi Jose,

Even when you use disks/files as your volumes, Bacula will still act
much like it operates with tapes.
Tape is a sequential access media and is not meant to remove files
stored in the middle of the tape.

AFAIK, Bacula is not able to reuse space you consider wasted, you can
only remove related entries from the database or recycle the complete
volume. Everything else is most probably not worth the effort.

--
Josip Deanovic