Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Changing file and volume retention from 7 days to 14 days

2014-05-14 03:41:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] Changing file and volume retention from 7 days to 14 days
From: ML mail <mlnospam AT yahoo DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 00:38:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

Instead of keeping 7 days of backups I would like to keep 14 days, so I changed
the file retention parameter in my client from 7 days to 14 days and
accordingly in my pool the volume retention from 6 days to 13 days and the
maximum volumes from 7 to 14.

Now the backup ran this night and I still have 7 volumes, bacula did not create
an extra 8th volume as I was assuming it would do. So I guess I must have
missed some parameter or something else I need to do. Does anyone see what I am
missing here?

Cheers
ML