Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to set a very informative log level

2014-05-08 09:27:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to set a very informative log level
From: elvis <elvis AT dogonfire DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 23:25:18 +1000
On 08/05/14 22:52, John Drescher wrote:
>> I've been using Bacula for a while, as I just noticed in my config file :-)
>>

>> For Bacula release 1.36.0 (20 October 2004) -- gentoo 1.4.16
>>
>> In the last couple of weeks I have been getting this error.
>>
>> 08-May 20:39 desire-fd JobId 10829: Fatal error: Authorization key rejected
>> by Storage daemon.
>> Please
>> seehttp://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION00260000000000000000
>>   for help.
>> 08-May 18:51 dog-dir JobId 10829: Fatal error: Bad response to Storage
>> command: wanted 2000 OK storage
>> , got 2902 Bad storage
>>

>> My question is how to configure the logs to see more detail on this
>> problem?  Nothing has changed in my setup, except maybe Gentoo breaking
>> things...
>>
> In gentoo you have to not accept the change for the config files since
> each install randomly generates new passwords for all of the bacula
> deamons. If you had only 1 system that should work but for more than 1
> client it is guaranteed to will break bacula.
>
> To avoid this I put all of the bacula conf files in my /etc/dispatch-conf.conf
>
> frozen-files="/etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf
> /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf /etc/bacula/bconsole.conf
> /etc/bacula/bat.conf
>
> John

It was all a hum. The sd machine had not upgraded to the 7 series, it
failed on upgrade due to low disk space and I didn't notice. A quick
emerge bacula solved that.

I have managed to keep the same passwords for 10 years by paying
attention when using etc-update.

--
Bother! said Pooh, as he dropped the razor on his gonads.