Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] "staus dir" in bconsole during attr spooling usually hangs bacula

2014-05-05 11:30:49
Subject: [Bacula-users] "staus dir" in bconsole during attr spooling usually hangs bacula
From: "Larry A. Rosen" <larry AT digonex DOT com>
To: "'bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 15:27:18 +0000
crml-bu-l-00-dir Version: 5.2.5 (26 January 2012) i686-pc-linux-gnu ubuntu 12.04

Has anyone else encountered this?  I have been able to get my full backups to
complete if I leave bconsole alone. I have one backup that backs up ~150Gb of
over 11 Million small files and the attribute list takes many hours to complete.

I'd like to be able to check the status of the other backups that have occurred
just before the big one without it hanging every time.  Status client does not
affect bconsole (I presume because it queries the client FD and not the DB).
But any other status command hangs bacula/bconsole.

Regards,

Larry Rosen
Linux Administrator
Digonex Technologies Inc.