Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] latest bacula client (bacula-fd) for Windows

2014-04-25 14:04:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] latest bacula client (bacula-fd) for Windows
From: Mark <bacula-list AT nerdish DOT us>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:55:14 -0500

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM, compdoc <compdoc AT hotrodpc DOT com> wrote:
> Not to worry: as of windows 7, windows backup is still broken

Windows 7  Pro backup is ok, but it does break easily and doesn't tell you
that its stopped working...

How are you running the Windows backup?  As a scheduled task on Windows?  Here, I have bacula fire off a batch file on the windows host as a ClientRunBeforeJob.  That batch script triggers wbadmin to do a backup out to a Samba share, and when it finishes, bacula grabs the resulting Windows image from the samba server.  If the Windows backup encounters a problem, the batch exits with an error and I get a nice "backup failed" email from bacula.  It works well for us, though it's only a handful of Windows hosts...  I don't think it'd scale well to be doing full Windows backups nightly to a Samba share from dozens and dozens of hosts.