Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Configure separate centos server as storage device

2014-02-26 11:27:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Configure separate centos server as storage device
From: Phil Stracchino <phils AT caerllewys DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:24:55 -0500
On 02/26/14 09:38, Sean Smith wrote:
> I have an existing bacula server that has been running and working well
> for my needs.
>
> It uses its own local hard drive as the storage medium, however the hard
> drive is not sufficient anymore for my backups.
>
> So, I have newly configured Centos server and I want to use its hard
> drive as for my backup files.
>
> Is it as simple as installing bacula-sd and telling the director the new IP?
>
> I cannot seem to find any information on this. Any help is greatly
> appreciated.

Yes, just install a new sd on the new server and configure it like your
existing one.  You can either make it a second sd, or you can move all
of your existing data to the new server and update the existing sd
definition to point to it, then restart the Director.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications