Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL "hangs", jobs hang. Well not really, but

2014-02-26 07:17:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL "hangs", jobs hang. Well not really, but
From: Richard Fox <rfox AT mbl DOT edu>
To: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 07:13:13 -0500 (EST)
Hi Jari,

On Wed, 26 Feb 2014, Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> MySQL process keeps on running at 100% CPU and is processing
>
> SELECT Path.Path, Filename.Name, Temp.FileIndex, Temp.JobId, LStat, MD5
[snip]
> FileIndex > 0 ORDER BY Temp.JobId, FileIndex ASC
>
> My setup has worked flawlessly for years, and now suddenly this.
>
> This is on CentOS 6.5 with Version: 5.0.0 (26 January 2010)

I have just overcome this problem it would seem. It was suggested that
this might be due to an index getting fouled. The solution for me was to
dump and reload the database(s). I didn't spend much time tinkering with
it so I dumped the whole server since I don't have any other significant
data. Perhaps you could just rebuild just the relevant indexes or reload
only the tables involved to save time.

Thanks,
Rich.

--