Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Question on restoring files using bscan with 2 storage servers

2013-11-26 15:28:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Question on restoring files using bscan with 2 storage servers
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Jerry Lowry <michaiah2007 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 15:26:28 -0500
> hello list,
> I am hoping you can help me solve this.
>
> I have one director and to storage servers.  Both storage servers have disks
> attached but only one sd has a tape drive.  The tape drive is not on the
> director.  I need to load some old tapes into the database but when I run
> bscan from the sd where the tape is, it does not see the database.  If I run
> bscan from the director where there isn't a tape drive it does not see the
> tape drive on the other sd.
>
> How can I resolve this?

I know this can be made to work since my director, database and tape
storage are on 3 different servers and have been for 8+ years.

Wait a minute bscan has a parameter for database host, port, username
and password. Are you supplying the database info?

Usage: bscan [ options ] <bacula-archive>
       -b bootstrap      specify a bootstrap file
       -c <file>         specify configuration file
       -d <nn>           set debug level to <nn>
       -dt               print timestamp in debug output
       -m                update media info in database
       -D <driver name>  specify the driver database name (default NULL)
       -n <name>         specify the database name (default bacula)
       -u <user>         specify database user name (default bacula)
       -P <password>     specify database password (default none)
       -h <host>         specify database host (default NULL)
       -t <port>         specify database port (default 0)
       -p                proceed inspite of I/O errors
       -r                list records
       -s                synchronize or store in database
       -S                show scan progress periodically
       -v                verbose
       -V <Volumes>      specify Volume names (separated by |)
       -w <dir>          specify working directory (default from conf file)
       -?                print this message

John